260.01 Advanced Communication Techniques – Sales Skills for Cooperative Employees
Almost every job in today’s competitive marketplace involves selling. We sell our companies as the best provider of energy and associated services; we sell our own image as professional, efficient service consultants; we sell specific services, products and programs. But, for many people the word “sales” strikes fear and a good bit of trepidation in their minds and hearts. This course is designed to provide employees – anyone who has direct contact with customers – with a different perspective on sales.
Unlike a typical sales training program, this program will focus on using sales skills as a part of any customer service interaction. After all, who is in a better position than employees who interact with customers to inform and “sell” customers by meeting their needs with the utility’s services and products?
Topics that will be covered in this course will include:
- The importance of positive attitude and intent in dealing with customers in an honest, open and helpful manner
- The skills necessary to be perceived as being credible and professional
- The secrets behind persuasive, tactful and influential communication
- The psychology behind customer decision making in terms of products and services
- The five-part selling process that lessens stress to the “sales” person
- The importance of using not only features but also benefits in the sales process
Training methods that will be used will include lecture, group discussions and reports, and individual work. Also, at the completion of the course material, attendees will have the opportunity to use lessons learned through role play using a variety of typical scenarios in dealing with customers. These role play opportunities will be video-taped for further review upon return to the utility. The group will also provide feedback for each attendee.
The tuition for this course is $195 per participant and includes course materials and lunch. Your cooperative will be invoiced upon completion of the course. If you have any additional questions, please contact Lauren Dodson at firstname.lastname@example.org.